Problem with Greek characters in SQL from editor

Sep 5, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Hello,

I have noticed that when I put values like (greek characters):

"Τεχνική περιγραφή γαλβανιστηρίου"

I get those values in the sql table:

 Τεχνική περιγραφή "γαλβανιστηρίο&upsilon

I change the tiny_mce to ckeditor because i saw that in the html source in there where my problem is but without success

Do anybody have an idea about that because i have a local search engine that search into database and with those values i get no result

Thanks

Manos

Coordinator
Sep 5, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Columns in database are set to nvarchar and ntext so they can store greek characters. The problem is with the editor (search ckeditor for utf-8 encoding).

If you decide to use tiny_mce editor you should add this line to pages that use the editor

  entity_encoding: "raw", 
Sep 6, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Hello

Thanks for your answer

Where in the page (I suppose EditPage and EditWidget) I should enter the entity_encoding: :"raw", code

Thanks

Manos

 

Coordinator
Sep 6, 2012 at 4:13 PM
file_browser_callback : "filebrowser",
            entity_encoding: "raw", 
Sep 6, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Thanks a lot it works

I have now the greek characters in the db