Website goes to rcerror page

Nov 2, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I have created a website using razorC in WebMatrix using SQL Server CE. Later on i migrated that SQL Server CE database to SQL Server 2008 R2. The website works properly in webmatrix with sql server 2008 r2 as database and also works properly on my local iis server.

Can anybody please help me with the Web.Config for razorC CMS on the hosting server...everytime i visit my site url.the page is redirected to rcerror page.

Please Help.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
  <system.web>
    <compilation debug="false" targetFramework="4.0" />
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="rcError" />
  </system.web>
  <connectionStrings>
        <add connectionString="Data Source=A****K-PC\SQLSERVER;Initial Catalog=razorC;User ID=sa;Password=o****" name="razorC" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    </connectionStrings>
  <system.data>
    <DbProviderFactories>
      <remove invariant="System.Data.SqlServerCe.4.0" />
      <add name="Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition Client Data Provider 4.0" invariant="System.Data.SqlServerCe.4.0" description=".NET Framework Data Provider for Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition Client 4.0" type="System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeProviderFactory, System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91" />
    </DbProviderFactories>
  </system.data>
</configuration>
this is my Web.Config file in webmatrix and iis server..please tell me how would the Web.config file be on the hosting server...i am using Cytanium Hosting.
Thanks in advance
Nov 3, 2012 at 4:08 AM
Edited Nov 6, 2012 at 5:06 AM

I figured out this issue..actually there was no content in the rc_Pages table..and as the default.cshtml page tries to fetch the page details from the rc_Pages. The table being empty was the reason of my website landing to the rcerror page.

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Happy to hear you found the problem

Nov 4, 2012 at 1:32 PM
razorC wrote:

Happy to hear you found the problem

Happy to see that there is community forum for razorC CMS. razorC is really small CMS but does the work. Recently I have integrated a Simple Shopping Cart feature within razorC CMS and it works just awesome. Hope razorC grows more.