Multilingual

Feb 5, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Do you have any suggestions for adding a second language?

Theoretically speaking, not actual code (since it’s not available), according the rezorc logic which would be the best way to handle a second language.
One suggestion could be…. duplicating all database values with visible text and adding a field that would define the language used. Is this the best way?

Thank you in advance..
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Editor
Mar 4, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Edited Aug 30 at 8:13 PM
udo123 wrote:
Do you have any suggestions for adding a second language?

Theoretically speaking, not actual code (since it’s not available), according the rezorc logic which would be the best way to handle a second language.
One suggestion could be…. duplicating all database values with visible text and adding a field that would define the language used. Is this the best way?

Thank you in advance..
Hi you can do this easily, simple add a new column in rc_Pages named culture, this should store the culture code e.g. en-gb (English-great britian), ar-sa (arabic-saudi arabia) etc.

Then simply in the default page change the sql parameter so it also gets the culture. You should also change the routing.

Give me a few days and I will get a tutorial up on how to add this.
Apr 4, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Hi,

Thank you for your help in advance!

I am having some trouble with the routing but even if i manage it, i am not sure how to handle the culture variable. Meaning that its page should be "double",

en-gb/Services
ar-sa/Services

Should there be a culture option for each new page?

Please help,

Thank you