Multilingual

Feb 5, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Do you have any suggestions for adding a second language?

Theoretically speaking, not actual code (since it’s not available), according the rezorc logic which would be the best way to handle a second language.
One suggestion could be…. duplicating all database values with visible text and adding a field that would define the language used. Is this the best way?

Thank you in advance..
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Editor
Mar 4, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Edited Mar 4, 2013 at 6:03 PM
udo123 wrote:
Do you have any suggestions for adding a second language?

Theoretically speaking, not actual code (since it’s not available), according the rezorc logic which would be the best way to handle a second language.
One suggestion could be…. duplicating all database values with visible text and adding a field that would define the language used. Is this the best way?

Thank you in advance..
Hi you can do this easily, simple add a new column in rc_Pages named culture, this should store the culture code e.g. en-gb (English-great britian), ar-sa (arabic-saudi arabia) etc.

Then simply in the default page change the sql parameter so it also gets the culture. You should also change the routing. The razorC wiki is multi language > http://razorc.thecodingguys.net/

Give me a few days and I will get a tutorial up on how to add this.
Apr 4, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Hi,

Thank you for your help in advance!

I am having some trouble with the routing but even if i manage it, i am not sure how to handle the culture variable. Meaning that its page should be "double",

en-gb/Services
ar-sa/Services

Should there be a culture option for each new page?

Please help,

Thank you