razorc Hosting deployment problem

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Hi
i deployed the razorc project as it is on shared Accuwebhosting and change the framework to 4.0 but when i run website, its taking me to /rcError?aspxerrorpath=/Account/Login

even when i try to access admin page its fine but when i try login its taking me to error page.

is there some steps i am missing for hosting?

this webhosting works on medium trust and i have given write permistion to iusr & network service account on full wwwroot folder
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2013 at 1:48 PM
I tested this hosting and was able to run the site without any problems. The problem you describe, it looks like there is no read/write permission set for app_data folder, so it can not access the database...so i would check one more time the permissions
Feb 12, 2013 at 2:12 PM
<div>Hi</div> <div><br> </div> <div>I have given read write permission as well but still its not working</div> <div><br> </div> <div>Rgds<br> <br> Sent from my iPhone.Adil Naeem <div><br> </div> </div> <div><br> On Feb 12, 2013, at 5:48 PM, &quot;razorc&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:notifications@codeplex.com">notifications@codeplex.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br> <br> </div> <blockquote type="cite"> <div> <p>From: razorc</p> <div id="ThreadNotificationPostBody">I tested this hosting and was able to run the site without any problems. The problem you describe, it looks like there is no read/write permission set for app_data folder, so it can not access the database...so i would check one more time the permissions<br> </div> </div> </blockquote>
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Other problem you may have is that you did not copy all dlls to bin folder. I would delete all dlls from bin folder and upload them again (make sure to verify that all files are uploaded).
Feb 12, 2013 at 3:01 PM
<div>Can you please tell me where you are storing connection string for DB as well?<br> <br> Sent from my iPhone.Adil Naeem <div><br> </div> </div> <div><br> On Feb 12, 2013, at 6:46 PM, &quot;razorc&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:notifications@codeplex.com">notifications@codeplex.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br> <br> </div> <blockquote type="cite"> <div> <p>From: razorc</p> <div id="ThreadNotificationPostBody">Other problem you may have is that you did not copy all dlls to bin folder. I would delete all dlls from bin folder and upload them again (make sure to verify that all files are uploaded). <br> </div> </div> </blockquote>
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2013 at 8:17 PM
razorC uses sqlce database so there is no connection string....when you do
var db = Database.Open("razorC"); - it knows to look for database file (with the name razorC) in app_data folder
Feb 20, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Hi

the Hosting provided gave pull permission to IUSER and have installed MVC 4 on their shared server but still we are getting the attached error. Can you please help in resolving this issue?

"Keyword not supported: 'file access retry timeout'."

Mohammad Aadil
Cell:00965 94441086

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 13:17:40 -0800
Subject: Re: razorc Hosting deployment problem [razorc:432835]

razorC uses sqlce database so there is no connection string....when you do
var db = Database.Open("razorC"); - it knows to look for database file (with the name razorC) in app_data folder
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (razorc@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email razorc@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Coordinator
Feb 20, 2013 at 1:27 PM
It looks you have old version of SqlServerCE.dll ask your host to update it, or download clean version of razorC and upload bin folder and web.config (from that clean copy) to your web server.