Pseudo MVC implementation

Aug 22, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Edited Aug 22, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Odd combination of MVC technology and Razor syntax with non-mvc patterns...

I was wondering why it ran slow, but turns out its because its doing SO much work on every request that has to be compiled....

Nothing to see here.. move along now
Coordinator
Aug 22, 2013 at 7:50 PM
:) what you are looking at is asp.net web pages, not "pseudo mvc" :)
and it runs really fast, go check few live sites
Aug 24, 2013 at 2:31 AM
Edited Aug 24, 2013 at 2:34 AM
I normally don't allow myself to get sucked into what appear to be biased forgone conclusion statements posted on forums but I am making an exception here in case someone would read gizmohd's comments and assume there are inherent issues with RazorC. I have a small site of approximately 20 pages that gets about 1000 hits per week including downloads that was built on top of razorC CMS as its main engine. The content is mostly managed by non-programming staff and It is hosted on a shared server at ARVIXE. The client Is extremely happy with the performance especially compared to a JOOMLA (a similar architecture on a different platform) site hosted elsewhere. Which brings me to my main point - If you are having issues with speed there are many possible areas to look at before you can determine or definitively say that the weakest link in your performance chain is ASP.NET web pages and RazorC. For us, RazorC is not the issue to look for, we are completely satisfied.