Building our own pages

Oct 3, 2011 at 10:22 PM

"You can change any existing page layout to work with razorC.net in few minutes."

How? Is there any documentation?

thanks,

John

Oct 3, 2011 at 10:32 PM

John,

It is new project and i don't have full documentation ready...

Go to http://razorc.codeplex.com/ - play the video and move forward to 4 min 30 sec (something like that).

It explains 2 folders rcLayouts and rcTemplates

remember to keep names in the format _rcNameHere.cshtml

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Thank you.

I'm playing around with it and like it so far. I was looking for a C# CMS that works with Razor and does not assume webforms.

I've tried PHP based CMS systems (Drupal, Wolf), but prefer to work in C#. Radiant for Ruby looks interesting, but I'm a novice at Ruby. I like WebMatrix and how easy it is to run and test code.

I need a CMS because I want to offer clients the option of being able to change their text themselves. For example, if I do a restaurant site, I want them to be able to change their menu without knowing HTML and without impacting their design.

I expect to do my own .CSS and Javascript. I'm not looking for a heavyweight tool to do it for me.

This may be the perfect tool for me.

The question I have to ask, is where does it go from here? Will you continue to support it? Many CMS systems have come and gone. I don't want to depend on an orphan.

Great product!

John

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:43 AM

I cannot guarantee that this project will be active after a year, I hope so but you never know. I use it for smaller sites we build so I don’t think it will “die”. The good thing is that you have the source code so you can do with it whatever you want.

For now I working on new version that will support add-ons – hope to finish it this month. (don’t worry upgrade will be super easy :)

I will offer add-ons for the site (some will be free some will not, but I will always try to keep price between $30-$50 per add-on and you will be able to use it on all the sites you develop)

I have almost ready 1st add-on – it will be Picture Gallery

I will try to create sample video that shows how to create new layout from html page (probably after new release)