Beginners' question - how to establish links within site

Oct 11, 2011 at 10:46 PM

I am an absolute beginner with CMS, but razorC seems to be exactly what I am looking for.

After following the video tutorials, I have a nice looking template for my Website, and I am ready to start adding content.  Now, this is a very basic question, but... How can I establish the links to move from one page to another within my site? 

For instance, in addition to the default page in the rc_Pages table (pId = 1, pName=default), I have created another page called with pId = 2, pName='content1' (etc).

Also, I have created a Widget whose contents is list of pages:

<ul>
<li><a href="#">Content 1</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Content 2</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Content 3</a></li>
</ul>

Finally, I have included this widget as a sidebar to the right of the default page.

The question is, how can I link to the content1, content2, content3 pages from the <a haref> in the sidebar?

The answer to this would really enable me to produce the Website I need...

Thanks!

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2011 at 1:29 PM
Edited Oct 12, 2011 at 1:29 PM

If you want to create link, go to control panel yourdomain.com/rcadmin

edit widget , you created, highlight "Content 1" text, click inser/edit link ikon (small icon looks like chain) and type the url of the page you want to link to ex.: /content1

so it will look like that

<ul>
<li><a href="/content1">Content 1</a></li>
<li><a href="/contact-us">contact us</a></li>
<li><a href="/name-of-the-page">Some other page</a></li>
</ul>

The other way you could do it , you could use existing helper and move menu to sidebar (that way you can create links using simple menu in control panel

http://razorc.codeplex.com/discussions/275052

New ver. 1.0.3 will support addons, so you can even create your own addon that will support multiple menus

Oct 12, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Thank you for the swift reply. Typing "/content1" as the url worked perfectly well.

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Good - let me know what is the address of your site. I want to create a gallery of sites that use razorC, because ppl are doing amazing things with this product, so send me the url and maybe your site will be listed :)

Oct 12, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Hi I am still developing in my local server, but as soon as I deploy it I will send you the url.
By the way, razorC is really helpful. Congratulations.

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Thanks