How to install my addon?

Editor
Apr 17, 2012 at 3:15 PM
Edited Aug 30, 2014 at 8:20 PM
So I made my own contact form (got the idea of razorC.net) addon because I felt like it and the other one razorC was quite complex I usually like doing things by myself. I made it but I can't install it. It's seems you need to have a installation file and a default.cshtml in the rcadmin. I just made one file and put it in rcAddons. The contact form is very simple it does not store the users messages and email in the database, it just sends it, straight to my email. It's basically how you would usually send a email through Windows Live. The thing is how would I install this? The only thing it would need in the database is the widget name, id and stuff.
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2012 at 3:23 PM

For something like that i would not do this as add-on. Save your file in rcTemplate as _rcMyContactForm.cshtml

go to control panel , create widget based on that template and insert that widget to pages where you want contact form....

If you want this to be add-on download the sample one that is available for free and take a look at the code - to see how it is done