Login System Problem!

Jul 1, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I just realized my password is around 8 characters long, with upper-case, lowercase, symbols, and numbers. 

The problem is I just realized that if you enter all the passsword in lower-case it will still long you in!

so say my password was RAz0?

If I type raz0? < It will still long me in!

Jul 1, 2012 at 8:54 PM

The database/column is not case sensitive, so yes RazOr and razor is the same. ( i guess if you want you can make it case sensitive).

The current ver. of razorC is 1.0.5 - i think that from next release i will replace the current login system with microsoft's membership & role provider. BTW if you want you can use websecurity helper with razorC now (just few small changes)

One more thing (for the future) if you think you found some security problem DO NOT POST IT HERE, please send it as private message to me - it will give me time to make the fix available to public...

Jul 1, 2012 at 8:59 PM
razorc wrote:

The database/column is not case sensitive, so yes RazOr and razor is the same. ( i guess if you want you can make it case sensitive).

The current ver. of razorC is 1.0.5 - i think that from next release i will replace the current login system with microsoft's membership & role provider. BTW if you want you can use websecurity helper with razorC now (just few small changes)

One more thing (for the future) if you think you found some security problem DO NOT POST IT HERE, please send it as private message to me - it will give me time to make the fix available to public...

Right ok that's fine. I have played around with Member ship stuff, its pretty good!