Nested templates

Jul 5, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I have suggestion for next update. In RazorC when you create pages you can choose from template or another page, if you choose another page then the page that was created should be the child page so say I got a page called default and I make another page called about and for the template I choose another page and I select default > about should be child page and ever ytime you edit widgets or add widget to the default page then the child pages should update. This would be very useful. 

I know in RazorC you can make templates and nested templates. 

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:13 PM

With the next version i will make available free addon that allows you to do something like that. (you can do this with version 1.0.5, but you would have to make small changes to default.cshtml in root, and editPage in rcAdmin), maybe i will upload changes here sooner (check source code tab from time to time)

Here is how this will work: you create empty page ex."tuts" and set body template of that page to addon. insert all the widgets for that page the way you always do. Create as many regular pages you need ex."tutorial-1","tutorial-2" etc., there is no need to setup widget for this pages

now when you access domain.com/tuts/tutorial-1 - it will load all widgets the way they are setup in "tuts" page, but the title and text and the meta tags will be from page tutorial-1 or tutorial-2....so if you will have houndreds of pages and you change just the "tuts" page all will start to use the new settings from tuts page

Jul 26, 2012 at 4:23 PM
razorc wrote:

With the next version i will make available free addon that allows you to do something like that. (you can do this with version 1.0.5, but you would have to make small changes to default.cshtml in root, and editPage in rcAdmin), maybe i will upload changes here sooner (check source code tab from time to time)

Here is how this will work: you create empty page ex."tuts" and set body template of that page to addon. insert all the widgets for that page the way you always do. Create as many regular pages you need ex."tutorial-1","tutorial-2" etc., there is no need to setup widget for this pages

now when you access domain.com/tuts/tutorial-1 - it will load all widgets the way they are setup in "tuts" page, but the title and text and the meta tags will be from page tutorial-1 or tutorial-2....so if you will have houndreds of pages and you change just the "tuts" page all will start to use the new settings from tuts page

Nice, but I already made loads of pages duplicated of the other page, hopefully I will be able to easily edit this right..?..

Jul 26, 2012 at 4:27 PM

lets say you have pages p1,p2,p3...p500...p1000...

you will create one extra page ex. "mymasterpage" (setup all widgets and things like that)

then you would have to access all pages "thru" that master page ex. domain.com/mymasterpage/p1 or domain.com/mymasterpage/p115

Jul 26, 2012 at 4:30 PM
razorc wrote:

lets say you have pages p1,p2,p3...p500...p1000...

you will create one extra page ex. "mymasterpage" (setup all widgets and things like that)

then you would have to access all pages "thru" that master page ex. domain.com/mymasterpage/p1 or domain.com/mymasterpage/p115

oh ok