Simple Menu Question

Jul 20, 2015 at 4:42 PM
Edited Jul 20, 2015 at 4:43 PM
I am evaluating an implementation the new bootstrap layouts and using the Simple Menu from the latest release and came up with an interesting situation that I wanted to ask about. Three of my 6 top level menus will be '#" bookmarks for a drop down, meaning they have no dedicated page associated with them. I found when I do that for some reason when one of the submenu items is clicked all in the first dropdown all of the menu items that are book marks end up being set as "active" and the style is applied to all of them.

So my question is how would you implement such a scenario. For the time being I have added code to the helper to capture the "#" and bypass setting the 'class="active" but I am not sure if that should be the long term fix as I think I am loosing the 'active' state on the submenu items now.

Any suggestions?
Coordinator
Jul 21, 2015 at 2:04 PM
You are absolutely right, I noticed this problem after I published the latest version. If you have more than one link with the same url it will try to mark it as active.
Here is working demo with 2 drop downs dd1 and dd2 - that use simple trick
http://rc111.azurewebsites.net/

The first drop down menu "dd1" (links to first item in that menu page "123"), second menu "dd2" links to first item in that menu (page "ttt") instead of both linking to #
That way correct drop down menu will get selected as active and correct child item of that menu ill get selected as active too

hope it helps
Aug 7, 2015 at 11:15 PM
You are absolutely right, I noticed this problem after I published the latest version. If you have more than one link with the same url it will try to mark it as active.
Here is working demo with 2 drop downs dd1 and dd2 - that use simple trick
http://rc111.azurewebsites.net/

The first drop down menu "dd1" (links to first item in that menu page "123"), second menu "dd2" links to first item in that menu (page "ttt") instead of both linking to #
That way correct drop down menu will get selected as active and correct child item of that menu ill get selected as active too

hope it helps
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])
To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com